Sunday, December 30, 2018

Winter Diary - Kyushu (Sat)

7:13 in the morning, I began my first trip in the past whole three years, only myself. It's going to be a long trip, 6 hours Shinkansen from Tokyo to the South-west side of Japan: Kyushu.

My first stop was Kumamoto. Because of the snow storm on the way, the train delayed and I finally arrived it around 3p.m. The first impression of Kumamoto was, it has light rails, like Hong Kong. It's about 3-5 degree outside. I took a stroll to the old town. There are a lot of unique, vintage shops there selling Miso, tofu ice cream, and leaf mustard. I tried the tofu ice cream, it tastes rich, but my hands are extremely frozen. I passed through the aisle and got to the second floor. and there came a huge castle in front of me.

I was sauntering around the moat around the castle, there was yellow grass all over the place decorated with some sporadic withered trees. In 2016, a strong earthquake had wrecked the city that some part of the defensive wall is still collapsed. Til the end of the route, there is a shrine on the right-hand side, it's a temporary dead end road because of the maintenance. Ravens hovering above te
Tenshukaku.

No comments:

Post a Comment